W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
Currently responsible for maintaining Enterprise DataCenter Systems for a large global organization. Primary responsibilities include architecting, provisioning, and maintaining hundreds of Linux systems consisting of database servers, application servers, and multiple high performance compute clusters. Other responsibilities include maintaining a complex VMware environment and associated storage and networking environments, and managings parts of a larger Windows/Active Directory environment with the global Systems Administration team. Also lead projects as relevant needs arise, including identifying requirements, forming timelines, working with external vendors, and deploying global systems.
Major Accomplishments (recent first):
- Assisted in implementation of a second 250kw UPS + Generator to provide a redundant (active/active) power path to DataCenter equipment.
- Championed the implementation of SolarWinds Orion on multiple continents to monitor, analyze, and alert on server and network health worldwide.
- Built extensive dashboard tools for public display and quick identification of systemic issues across VMware, EMC, NetApp, SolarWinds, and APC.
- Heavily involved in maintaining and bringing several aspects of infrastructure into a qualified state to support business compliance with FDA regulations.
- Upgraded multi-vCenter VMware environment from ESX 5.1 to 5.5 with zero guest downtime (new vCenter architecture meant rebuilding from scratch).